When you spend $100+
Cleansing with Cleavers
Cleavers (Galium aparine) is a common weed that blooms to life in early spring, just in time for a spring detox! Considered an alterative herb, Cleavers induce small and safe changes to restore health. This makes it a safe and effective herb to add to your herbal pantry.
This gentle herb acts on the ‘waterways’ of the body, removing waste and toxins. Cleavers stimulate the lymphatic system and help to clear swollen glands and congestion. It fortifies the kidneys, urinary tract, and skin to detoxify toxicity within the body. This small but mighty herb revitalizes the immune system and liver for optimal health.
4 Benefits of Cleavers:
- Moves lymphatic congestion.
- Eases urinary tract infections and rejuvenates kidneys.
- Soothes inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Aids in overall detoxification.
Identifying & Harvesting Cleavers:
Cleavers is one of the first plants to bloom in April and offers it cleansing medicine throughout the summer months. This herb has a few unique characteristics that make it easy to identify when foraging. True to its namesake, it has many little bristles that allow it to cling and climb its way upwards. Cleavers’ leaves are narrow, spear-shaped, and occur in rounds of six to eight leaves along the stem. They have white, vanilla-scented flowers that become pungent and aromatic before harvesting time. Legend notes ideal harvest time is when flowers are at their sweetest.
How to Use Cleavers:
- Make a cold-pressed juice from its leaves.
- Apply directly to skin reactions as a cooling poultice.
- Sip to good health with our Women’s Moon Tea.