Golden Mylk 'Cheese' Cake
Got a summer sweet tooth? Spoil your tastebuds with a DIY creamy, raw Golden Mylk 'Cheese' Cake (V, GF)
(Recipe inspired by Snixy Kitchen - check out her GF recipe blog!)
Almond Date Crust
7 Large dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained.
1½ C Almonds
6 TBS Harmonic Arts Shredded Coconut
1 TB Maple syrup or Harmonic Arts Raw Honey
¼ TSP Harmonic Arts' Himalayan Pink Salt
Golden Mylk Cheesecake Filling
1 1/3 C Harmonic Arts Shredded Coconut**
1 C + 3 TBS raw cashews**
**Soak together overnight
6 TBS Maple syrup or Harmonic Arts Raw Honey
2 TBS Ground chia seeds
6 TSP Harmonic Arts Golden Mylk Elixir
1¾ TSP Vanilla extract
1/2 TSP Lemon zest
1/2 TSP Harmonic Arts Cassia Cinnamon Powder
¼ TSP Harmonic Arts Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 C + 2 TBS Cool water
1/2 C Coconut oil, warmed just until liquefied.
1 15 OZ Can coconut cream (Chill in fridge overnight)
¼ C Powdered sugar
½ TSP Vanilla extract
1. Line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the crust. Add the dates, almonds, coconut, maple syrup, and salt to food processor and pulse until it begins to clump. Pour the filling into the baking pan and press down into an even layer. Chill crust while you prepare filling.
3. Drain/rinse soaked coconut flakes and cashews and add them to the blender with maple syrup, ground chia seeds, ginger, turmeric, vanilla, lemon zest, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
4. With blender on low, slowly add the cool water, increasing speed as you pour. Blend on high for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until the filling is velvety smooth.
5. Pour in the coconut oil and blend on low to combine. Pour the filling over crust, smooth top as needed.
6. Chill for 4+ hours, until set.
1. Open the can of coconut cream, and take just the thick cream off the top.
2. Whip on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue whisking on high speed until soft peaks form. Keep chilled until use.