Gut Healing Mushroom Miso
Spring is an ideal time to prepare our digestive system for the raw, cool foods of summer. Adding nourishing miso soups and sipping broths this time of year is an easy way to fortify your inner terrain. Sipping broths are nutrient-rich and reparative to the digestive tract. Add in of medicinal mushrooms and seaweeds for deeper support.
This gut-healing sipping broth calls on miso- a fermented soybean paste jam-packed with probiotics. We like adding a dash of our 5 Mushroom Concentrated Powder to ramp up the tummy-loving benefits of miso. This medley of functional mushrooms features Turkey Tail and Reishi and is packed with prebiotics and immune-supportive polysaccharides for digestive health.
Try this comforting mushroom miso to feel supported from within.
1-2 TBSP Harmonic Arts 5 Mushroom Concentrated Powder
15 Grams Harmonic Arts Defense Tea
5 Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, or 20 Slices
1/2 Cup Sprouted Beans, such as Adzuki, Black Eyed Peas, or Lentils
1 Cup Dark Leafy Greens, Chopped
3/4 Cup Barley or Rice
2-4 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced
1 Small Onion, Chopped
1 TSP Tamari or Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Miso Paste
Seasoning Spices to Taste: Ginger, Chilies, Celery Seed, Cumin, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
Optional add ins:
2-3 TBS Harmonic Arts Sea-Veg Blend
1/3 Cup Fresh Wild Roots, such as burdock and/or dandelion, sliced thin
1/3 Cup Wild Greens, such as nettles, lambs quarter, or chickweed
Bone Broth to replace some of the water
- Fill a large soup pot with 4 L of water.
- Add 15g of Defense Tea. Bring to a boil and lightly simmer for 20-40 min. or longer. Strain herbs and use the liquid as a broth base for the soup.
- Add Shiitake, 5 Mushroom powder extract and the sprouted Beans to the soup base. Simmer for 20 min.
- Add the barley or rice and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add vegetables, onion, garlic, spices, and optional sea veg, fresh burdock/dandelion and simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add miso, tamari and other seasonings to taste. Miso should not be boiled as it destroys the pre- and pro-biotic benefits.
Have questions? Contact us HERE