Tonic Immuni-Tea Mushroom Soup
One of our favourite nourishing soups, best enjoyed anytime from late fall to early spring, and especially in the mid winter months when the weather is cold. This is a good option for a vegetarian "bone" broth soup to support immune function during the winter.
- 30g of Harmonic Arts Harmonic Arts Tonic Immuni-Tea
- 5 Harmonic Arts Shiitake Mushrooms Whole or 20 Slices
- 1-2 TBS Harmonic Arts 5 Mushroom Concentrated Powder
- 1/2 C slightly sprouted beans, such as adzuki, black beans, black eyed peas, lentils
- 1 C chopped kale, spinach or other dark greens
- 3/4 C barley or rice
- 2-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 TSP of tamari or soy sauce
- Miso to taste, try around a 1/4 c.
- Seasoning spices to taste: ginger, chilies, celery seed, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg etc.
Optional add ins:
- 2-3 TBS Harmonic Arts Sea-Veg Blend
- 1/3 C fresh wild roots such as burdock and/or dandelion, sliced thin
- 1/3 C wild greens such as nettles, lambs quarter, or chickweed (if in season)
- Bone Broth to replace some of the water
- Fill a large soup pot with 4 L of water.
- Add 30g of Tonic Immuni-tea blend. Bring to a boil and lightly simmer for 20-40 min. or longer. Strain herbs and use the liquid as a broth base for the soup.
- Add Shiitake, 5 Mushroom powder extract and the sprouted Beans to the soup base. Simmer for 20 min.
- Add the barley or rice and simmer for another 30 minutes
- Add vegetables, onion, garlic, spices, and optional sea veg, fresh burdock/dandelion and simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add miso, tamari and other seasonings to taste. Miso should not be boiled as it destroys the pre and pro-biotic aspects.