Warm, pumpkiny, spicy.. everything you could want in a fall treat. A little of our Golden Mylk Elixir is the perfect compliment to these warm Autumn flavours.
1 C Pumpkin Puree
2/3 C Coconut Sugar (or Brown Sugar) + a sprinkle
1/3 C Butter (or Coconut Oil), melted
1 TSP Vanilla
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 C All Purpose Flour
2 TSP Harmonic Arts Cinnamon
+ a sprinkle
2 TSP Harmonic Arts Golden Mylk
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP Harmonic Arts Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 C Sour Cream (for a vegan version, try apple sauce!)
1/4 TSP Pumpkin Seeds for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, blend the pumpkin, sugar, melted butter and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add the eggs one by one blending well.
4. In a separate bowl, blend dry ingredients until they are evenly mixed.
5. Fold half the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, turning over gently to blend, not mixing hard.
6. Add the sour cream and fold in gently.
7. Add the remaining dry mix and fold again.
**Do not mix it all in, it should be light and chunky with bits of flour still showing. Over mixing will make your muffins heavy and bread-like**
8. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tins and sprinkle with a bit of sugar, cinnamon and a few pumpkin seeds.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin before removing to a rack to finish cooling.
10. Store in an airtight container for several days, or freeze for later!