The Sacred Masculine; Supporting Our Strong Warrior From Within
By Angela Willard
I’ve recently come out of a long cycle, firmly planted on purpose, where I had surrendered myself and my abilities towards growing and cultivating the things I held dearest to my heart. Throughout this journey, I hadn’t planned on sacrificing my well being in the process, which is what began to happen as I ploughed on at full fight and flight speed, in order to get things done.
Eventually, my plate became so full that something had to give- although I realized that between the commitment to my family, and the responsibility to my business, I couldn’t find an area of least importance I wanted to release. In acknowledging this truth, I needed to assess the ways in which I was showing up, and how I could enhance my energy reserves out of a constant state of overwhelm. How could I shift the feeling of “I can’t handle this” to “I got this”? I eventually realized it came down to perspective. Not only is perspective a way of mind, it is also connected to a way of physical being. When the body is overwhelmed by stress, it directly affects the mind’s eye in which it views the world.
We can change our external lives to mirror a more zen, minimalist tone in many arenas, but there are some areas that we hold so dear to us, in which our passions can express themselves, that we strive to fill them to the brim with strong efforts. Calling on and drawing from our inner reserves to manifest our soul’s purpose needs core strength to keep us well connected to mindful ways.
Experiencing this process has taught me much about balance, give and take, presence, wellness, and to how to be there to nourish myself as much as I do for others. In practicing what I have learned, I am able to bring my wellness forth as fuel to accomplish my goals.
What I’ve come to realize is this:
When I feel supported, nourished, and strong from within, I experience my day with an open flow that simply feels right.
In times when I feel stretched to my fullest while carrying my strengths capacity, I need to lean into the support of the net I’ve woven of loved ones, plant allies, personal prayers, and rooting practices that carry me through.
Currently, a support I lean into are the tonic herbs in the Sacred Masculine formula.
Essentially, this formula has been created to work on the stress response, recalibrating the perception of stress to the modern day culture we now live in. It helps to re-wire our nervous system to respond appropriately to today’s world, versus automatically switching into a fight or flight mode of fear based, protection perception. The Sacred Masculine blend opens up our view finder to see that our full plates serve our highest purpose, uses stress to our benefit to create focus and concentration, and helps streamline all efforts in the direction of what we are here to create.
I’ve broken down the components of this blend below to describe their actions and uses, and how they all blend in harmony to create the above desired effect.
- Eleuthero: Soothes nervous exhaustion and adrenal fatigue. Balancing to an under or overactive thyroid due to hypothalamic stress. It is an energizing and uplifting herb, and is especially helpful during times of melancholy and depression.
- Pine Pollen: An androgen to help keep testosterone levels in balance; testosterone can enhance the positive effects of cortisol such as strength and concentration.
- Astragalus: This is the herb of resilience, allowing us to bounce back from challenging circumstances.
- Reishi: Calms states of hypertension, autoimmune issues, and frayed nerves.
- Chaga: Offers stress management for the body and mind, minimizing the effect of oxidative damage from physical stress.
- Fo-Ti: Rejuvenative to the nerves, brain cells, and endocrine glands.
- Nettle Root: Supports water channels, which are affected by the moon, as are women (kidney/bladder health), and integrity of connective tissues (nourishing muscles and joints).
- Shilajit: Enhances energy, memory, and mood!
- Cayenne: Gets the system moving (especially cardiovascular and digestive); De-stagnates.
- Licorice: Contains steroids that increase the function of the adrenal cortex. Harmonizes all botanicals in an herbal formula.
The times of our modern culture have called us to reclaim our natural ways that allow us to exceed in our lives- no longer by the measure of material success, but by how deeply we love, how hard we laugh, and especially how much we’ve shown up for the things that matter to us most in this world.
Allowing the grace of the Sacred Masculine, within ourselves, and within our relationships, offers us the knowing of both how to be strong, and how to be soft.
This is key to the long term resilience women need to show up, be the change, and lead by example. It’s time to join the movement, and start caring for your self, so that you can be fueled and charged to follow your dreams, experience life fully and reach your highest potential for the benefit of yourself, and all the living beings of this world.
“I felt the effects of Sacred Masculine within a few days time. Where I had been stressed out, burned out and fatigued, I now felt energized, and capable of handling my responsibilities and schedule. Sacred Masculine has been such a support and me and my adrenals are so happy to have it in our pantry!”
-Harmonic Arts Customer
To purchase your jar of Sacred Masculine click here.