Restorative Iced Tea
As our frozen lakes and rivers begin to flow again, it's a great time to tend to our inner waterways. Adding cleansing herbs to your routine is a gentle way to wake up the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system after a long winter.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Spring season is associated with the liver and gallbladder. These organ systems are essential in filtering out toxins and promoting cellular renewal. Supporting these processes with nourishing herbs can help us feel more vibrant and energetic.
This Restorative Iced Tea is easy to make, refreshing, and stimulating to the internal waterways. The recipe features rejuvenating herbs for Spring renewal, such as Dandelion, Burdock and Milk Thistle.
Dandelion Root supports the liver by clearing congestion and boosting digestive wellness. Rich in antioxidants, this herb regenerates tissues that have been harmed by free radicals.
Burdock Root purifies the blood, kidneys, lymphatic system and GI tract. It strengthens lymphatic function and assists the body in detoxifying metabolic waste.
Milk Thistle Seed protects healthy liver cells from inflammation and free radical damage. This herb stimulates the production of glutathione, one of the body’s major antioxidants.
You can find these herbs in our Cleanse Artisan Tea and Liver TLC Tincture.
Try this refreshing iced infusion to restore your body for Spring!
What You’ll Need:
1 Large Mason Jar
2 cups Boiled Water
2 tbs Harmonic Arts Cleanse Artisan Tea
4 dropperfuls Harmonic Arts Liver TLC Tincture
1 Handful of Fresh Mint
Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
How to Make Your Restorative Iced Tea:
- Place Cleanse Blend Tea in a large mason jar.
- Fill mason jar by pouring boiled water over the tea leaves.
- Seal the jar with a tight-fitting lid to keep the steam and volatile oils from escaping.
- Allow the infusion to steep until the water cools to room temperature, or for a minimum of 4 hours. Add honey or maple syrup to taste, if desired.
- Strain tea from infusion using a fine-mesh strainer. Add lime slices and fresh mint leaves and refrigerate.
- Sip when you need a refreshing and cleansing pick-me-up!
Curious to learn about more products that can support Spring renewal? Click here to shop our Cleansing Collection!
Have questions? Contact us HERE